Advantages to adding an Internship Program
Construction companies are known for their tough working conditions, intricate processes, and highly skilled workforce. But what if I told you that adding an internship program to your construction company could be a game-changer? Internship programs have been known to have numerous advantages for both the company and the intern. Here’s a look at the impact a construction company can have by adding an internship program.
Advantages to the Company:
- Fresh Perspective: Interns bring a fresh perspective to the company, which can be incredibly beneficial. They have an eagerness to learn, ask questions, and challenge existing processes, which can help identify areas for improvement.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring an intern is a cost-effective way to get some extra help during busy seasons. Instead of hiring a full-time employee, the company can hire interns for a specific period to complete a project or assist with tasks.
- Recruitment: Internship programs can also be an effective recruitment tool. It’s an opportunity for the company to identify and train potential candidates for full-time positions. Additionally, interns who have had a positive experience are more likely to refer others to the company.
- Increased Productivity: Interns can help increase the productivity of the company. They can take on tasks that would otherwise be put on hold, freeing up time for full-time employees to work on other important projects.
Advantages to the Intern:
- Hands-on Experience: Interns get hands-on experience in the field, which is invaluable. It’s an opportunity to apply the skills they’ve learned in school to real-life situations.
- Skill Development: Interns have the opportunity to develop new skills and improve existing ones. They can learn from experienced professionals and gain insight into the construction industry.
- Networking: Internship programs provide interns with an opportunity to network with professionals in the industry. They can make connections that could help them secure a job in the future.
- Resume Builder: Internship programs are a great addition to a resume. It shows potential employers that the intern has practical experience in the field, which could give them an edge over other candidates.
Establishing an Internship Program:
Establishing an internship program can be a bit daunting, but it’s not as complicated as it may seem. Here’s a brief overview of the steps involved:
- Define Objectives: The first step is to define the objectives of the internship program. What do you hope to achieve? What tasks will the interns be responsible for? What skills do you want them to learn?
- Identify Positions: Once you have defined the objectives, you can identify the positions that need to be filled. This will help you determine how many interns you need and what skills they should possess.
- Develop Job Descriptions: Job descriptions should be developed for each position. They should outline the responsibilities, skills required, and qualifications.
- Determine Compensation: You should determine whether the internship will be paid or unpaid. If paid, you’ll need to determine the compensation rate.
- Create a Recruitment Strategy: You’ll need to develop a recruitment strategy to attract potential candidates. This may include posting job descriptions on job boards or reaching out to universities and colleges.
- Develop an Onboarding Process: Once interns are hired, you’ll need to develop an onboarding process. This should include an orientation, training, and an introduction to the company and its culture.
Adding an internship program can have a significant impact on a construction company. It provides benefits for both the company and the intern. The company can gain a fresh perspective, save money, recruit potential candidates, and increase productivity. Interns gain hands-on experience, develop new skills, network with professionals, and build their resumes. Establishing an internship program requires defining objectives, identifying positions, developing job descriptions, determining compensation
StratusVue’s Clean Technology for the Built Environment
As the world continues to grapple with the urgent need to address climate change, the construction industry, which accounts for a significant portion of global greenhouse gas emissions, is under increasing pressure to adopt sustainable practices. In this pursuit, StratusVue, a leading technology company, is making waves with its innovative clean technology solutions for the built environment.
StratusVue is an established clean technology company that is revolutionizing the way construction projects are managed and executed. Their cutting-edge platform leverages cloud-based technology, data analytics, and artificial intelligence to streamline construction processes, reduce waste, and minimize environmental impact.
One of the keyways in which StratusVue is driving sustainability in the built environment is through its digital document management system. Traditionally, construction projects generate massive amounts of paper documents, including blueprints, contracts, permits, and more. These paper-based processes are not only time-consuming and costly but also contribute to deforestation and waste.
StratusVue’s digital document management system replaces paper-based workflows with electronic documents that can be stored, accessed, and shared securely on the cloud. This eliminates the need for physical copies, reduces paper waste, and minimizes the carbon footprint associated with printing, shipping, and storing paper documents. Furthermore, the platform offers advanced search and analytics capabilities, allowing construction teams to quickly find and retrieve important documents, improving productivity and reducing the risk of errors.
Another notable feature of StratusVue’s clean technology is its robust data analytics capabilities. The platform collects and analyzes data from various sources, to provide real-time insights and predictive analytics. This data-driven approach enables construction teams to optimize resource allocation, schedule tasks more efficiently, and minimize waste.
StratusVue’s clean technology also incorporates artificial intelligence (AI). StratusLink reads the contents of your construction documents and automatically reads, references and links the content within your cloud-based documents. No longer are the days of manually setting regions, defining patterns or needing a full-time Document Control employee to manually hyperlink the documents. It doesn’t end with just hyperlinking, StratusLink relates the drawings to other StratusVue products, like the Project Management section of Plans and Specs and StratusDrive.
In addition to its environmental benefits, StratusVue’s clean technology also offers economic advantages to construction companies. By optimizing construction processes, reducing waste, and improving productivity, the platform helps companies’ lower costs and increase profitability. Furthermore, by embracing sustainability and demonstrating environmentally responsible practices, construction companies can enhance their reputation, attract environmentally conscious clients, and gain a competitive edge in the market.
StratusVue’s clean technology is transforming the construction industry by promoting sustainability in the built environment. Its digital document management system, data analytics capabilities, and AI are empowering construction companies to streamline processes, reduce waste, and minimize environmental impact. By adopting StratusVue’s innovative technology, construction companies can not only achieve their sustainability goals but also reap economic benefits and gain a competitive advantage. It’s time for the construction industry to embrace clean technology and pave the way towards a more sustainable future.
Learn More about StratusVue’s approach to exceptional project management.
Exploring the difference between record keeping and document control
StratusVue looks internally for where the Construction Industry is going.
Featuring: MariaChristina Pintor-Garcia
Exploring the difference between record keeping and document control.
Record keeping and document control are related, but distinct activities that are important in any organization.
Record keeping refers to the systematic process of creating, maintaining, and storing records in a structured manner, with the goal of preserving information for future reference. This information can include anything from financial data, customer records, and employee information, to legal documents and contracts. The primary focus of record keeping is to ensure that important information is accurate, accessible, and secure.
Document control, on the other hand, refers to the management of documents throughout their entire life cycle, from creation to archival or destruction. It includes processes for controlling the creation, distribution, review, approval, and revision of documents, as well as the storage and retrieval of these documents. The primary objective of document control is to ensure that only the latest and most accurate version of a document is in use, and that all stakeholders have access to the correct document at the right time.
In summary, record keeping is concerned with maintaining a complete and accurate record of information, while document control is concerned with ensuring the proper management and dissemination of documents. Both activities are important for effective information management and for ensuring compliance with regulations and standards.
Why it is so important to have document control and record keeping within the construction industry?
Document control and record keeping are important in the construction industry for several reasons:
- Legal compliance: Construction projects are governed by numerous laws and regulations, such as building codes, health and safety laws, and environmental protection regulations. Document control and record keeping help ensure that a construction project complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Quality control: Record keeping, and document control are essential for tracking the quality of materials, workmanship, and processes during construction. This information can be used to identify and correct problems before they become more serious and costly.
- Project management: Construction projects can be complex and involve many different parties, including contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and owners. Document control and record keeping help keep track of all the important information and documentation related to a project, such as schedules, budgets, and progress reports.
- Communication: Effective communication is essential for the success of any construction project. Document control and record keeping help ensure that all parties involved in a project have access to the information they need to make informed decisions and communicate effectively.
- Historical record: Construction projects create a significant amount of information that can be valuable for future reference. Document control and record keeping ensure that this information is organized and preserved for future use.
In conclusion, document control and record keeping are critical for the successful completion of construction projects, from ensuring legal compliance to facilitating communication and preserving a historical record of the project.
Why digitizing the process of document control and record keeping is so important in construction?
Digitizing the process of document control and record keeping in construction is important for several reasons:
- Improved efficiency: Digitization streamlines the process of document control and record keeping, making it faster, easier, and more efficient. This can save time and reduce errors compared to manual processes.
- Better accessibility: Digital records can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, with the right permissions. This makes it easier for construction teams to share information, collaborate and make decisions, even when they are working remotely or in different locations.
- Enhanced security: Digital records can be secured with password protection, encryption, and backup systems, providing a higher level of security for sensitive information than paper records.
- Better compliance: Digitization can help construction companies meet regulatory requirements, such as maintaining accurate records of safety procedures, material specifications, and contract terms.
- Improved accuracy: Digital record keeping systems can automate the process of data entry, reducing the risk of human error, and ensuring that records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Reduced costs: Digitization can also lead to cost savings by reducing the need for paper, ink, storage space and the costs associated with manual record-keeping processes.
Overall, digitizing the process of document control and record keeping in construction can improve efficiency, increase accuracy, and enhance the overall success of a project.
Own, Visualize And Execute On Your Construction Data
Todd Musser, Dan Vos Construction Company
Obstacle: Unable to access or evaluate project data.
Solution: StratusVue Open APIs and visualizations provide complete access to view the organizations project data.
Overview: As a General Contractor, Todd Musser at Dan Vos Construction Company, found true value in having access to their project data through the StratusVue open APIs. They are now able to guide their business decisions and improvements to various levels within the Organization. Specifically, allowing their leadership team to make data driven decisions by utilizing PowerBI to visualize high-level performance data, then drilling into project and individual detailed metrics.
Quote: “Having access to our data at any time gives us the ability to make educated business decisions, not only for projects but as an organization. It’s a true competitive advantage.”
More Info: Request a Demo
Make Your Company Standout With A White Label Solution
Obstacle: Present to the Customer with a branded product that is as unique as your company.
Solution: StratusVue’s Enterprise Subscription offers the Organization control over your domain, mobile app, branding and layout for your construction software.
Overview: As a private site, FUSE Group and StratusVue have rolled out a single tenant site branded to their specific company. As the lead of Technology with the FUSE Group, Alex Tsouvalas led the search to find the software solution that would meet the complex demands of his team and leadership of a group company.
Want more: Read the Fuse Group press release: StratusVue Press Release
More Info: Request a Demo
UL Solutions and StratusVue Announce Partnership to Advance Data Transparency for the Built Environment
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, USA, July 28, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — UL Solutions, a global leader in applied safety science, and StratusVue, a provider of cloud-based project management solutions for commercial construction projects, announced StratusVue’s StratusLink™ powered by UL Solutions, a partnership to further develop and integrate the companies’ platforms to enable as-built data linking and management for construction information.
StratusLink™ powered by UL Solutions will link construction as-built data to UL Solutions product and life safety data in UL Product iQ®, the UL Solutions online location for certification information, and UL SPOT, the UL Solutions database containing product sustainability.
“In the built environment, it is critical to efficiently leverage and access data to help advance safe, smart and sustainable buildings,” said John Goecke, CEO at StratusVue. “Linking asset information to built data with product safety and standards information will provide a better understanding of what is contained in a building. Linking information to UL Solutions presents a more holistic view of a building.”
StratusVue’s partnership with UL Solutions will provide information that will help enable safer buildings. “This, however, is just the tip of the iceberg. Our machine learning and deep linking will allow building owners and managers to access all their building documents in an intelligent and simple way for better, healthier buildings,” Goecke said.
“Many factors are impacting the health of work environments,” said Neil Lakomiak project management director of the Built Environment group, UL Solutions. “Creating a safe, smart and sustainable building is critically important as stakeholders — from tenants and staff to visitors — have placed a heightened importance of building health and wellness as a key factor in the gradual return to in-person work. Reducing risk and cost associated with occupant health issues while helping improve productivity, work environmental quality can also help improve employee and occupant performance and increase the value of a building and company while providing visibility into potential problems so they can be addressed early and with documented solutions. Through our partnership with StratusVue, we believe linking documents to products and plans creates a holistic view into a building’s DNA and is the next step in data-driven decision making as it relates to improving the built environment.”
StratusVue provides a leading integrated construction management platform that connects people with the information they need to succeed in construction and the built environment. StratusLink has been developed to help all users semantically understand unstructured data via advanced machine learning and intelligence tools.
About UL Solutions
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth. The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission. We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future. Our science is your advantage.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission. We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future. Our science is your advantage.
Unifiy Multiple Locations
Michael Beigay and Rhonda Pike, SteelFab, Inc.
Obstacle: Maintain Consistency and Culture within Multiple Locations.
Solution: The StratusVue Platform provides flexibility and consistency to foster uniformity and independence within each affiliate location.
Overview: SteelFab organization has many offices within many states. They needed a solution to provide consistency in communication while accommodating for the uniqueness of each office. Michael and Rhonda have been able to implement successfully with power users that know the both the SteelFab SOP and StratusVue.
Want More: Watch the Full Interview with Michael and Rhonda: StratusVue’s Guest Speaker Series: SteelFab, Inc. – StratusVue
More Info: Request a Demo
StratusVue New User interface and experience – May 26th 2pm EST
StratusVue is getting ready to release a brand new user experience and I hope you tied your shoes tight because your socks will be blown off.
This learning event is for our Users who want to help us evaluate and provide input into what should be added and or removed to make the experience even better.
Guest Speaker Event – May 18th, 2pm EST – Scheduling with the oracle from Oracle
Scheduling for Success with Guest Speaker, Mark Jenkins – Product Director – Oracle Construction and Engineering
Join StratusVue’s Brian Anson with subject matter expert Mark Jenkins, in their discussion about how to schedule for success within your projects and organization. This is the second in a six part series focused on how to improve and elevate your business to the next level.
Do you know understand why others have succeeded and failed in tracking their Organizations performance through a schedule. Find out where the industry is headed and the fundamentals that you need to know.
Schedule us into your life, whether you are new or established, because knowing why you are successful or not is fundamental.
Registration is now open! Event – May 18th – 2pm EST